Time infinite

Time infinite

Wednesday 4 March 2015

A positive mindset

This morning I was dragged awake at 6.30am.  I'm not a morning person but toddlers, sadly, are morning people (they are also awake-in-the-middle-of-the-night people but we won't get into that).  I have swollen glands and, what can only be described as a hardcore cold.  Never-the-less, at around 6.30am, I got out of bed, did a few domestic things and put Cbeebies on.  Postman Pat had just started.  Rather than fighting the desire to scream choice swear words at the happy-clappy early morning kids TV noise, I found I was genuinely engaged in the story. Moreover, by about 7.10am, I was singing along with the theme tune.  I followed this with a rather enthusiastic "mission accomplished", which is a quote in their 'Special Delivery Service' song.  I'm not even joking.  It's 7.23am.  I don't have to be at work until 11am.  I feel as rough as course grain sandpaper but I have a positive mindset. 

The Dinopaws are now  bouncing around on the TV with terrifying enthusiasm and no, I don't feel like I want to storm into the TV and punch their pinks and purple faces.  I'm feeling pleasantly pleased with the Dinopaws' enthusiasm.  

Thus, having a positive mindset actually makes a big difference to the way your feel. What we think is what we are.

PS.  I'm a single mummy, I work, my washing machine broke last Thursday, I've been through an array of difficult experiences in the last few years and I'm still smiling.

PPS. I find that chocolate and tea supports the positive thinking processes.

Yours,

The Renegade Glitter Fair

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment